This webinar provides an overview of the updated Austroads microsurfacing guidelines and model specification.
• major changes to the microsurfacing guidelines and specifications
• related test methods
• materials and emerging technologies.
The webinar was presented on 14 June 2018 by Steve Patrick.
This webinar outlines the findings of an Austroads geopolymer concrete project and a current update of the use, monitoring and specification of geopolymer concrete by VicRoads over the past nine years.
• geopolymer concrete, its constituents and how it is manufactured
• formulation and testing of numerous geopolymer recipes, and investigation of workability, strength development, mechanical behaviour, durability properties, abrasion resistance and ductility of reinforced geopolymer concrete
• the introduction of geopolymer concrete into VicRoads with several trial structural applications, general paving works and evaluation of performance.
The webinar was presented on 1 May 2018 by Dr Ahmad Shayan and Fred Andrews-Phaedonos.
This webinar provides an overview of the major changes to the design of heavy-duty flexible pavements, including the new:
• axle-strain approach central to the mechanistic-empirical design method
• definitions of design traffic
• characterisation of cemented material and asphalt.
The potential structural contribution of lime-stabilised subgrades for flexible pavements, and minor updates to concrete pavement jointing details are also discussed.
The webinar was presented on 9 March 2018 by Dr Michael Moffatt.
This webinar provides an overview of a project Austroads is undertaking to identify gaps in current practice for the performance characterisation of asphalt mixes. The ultimate aim is to develop a harmonised national performance-based asphalt specification framework that would take full advantage of the enhanced performance characteristics of current and emerging asphalt technologies. The webinar was presented on 27 February 2018 by Joe Grobler.