This webinar, outlines the impact of BIM technology on location referencing and the proposed new theoretical framework to develop a National Location Reference Hub.
• importance of critical business models for Austroads asset management harmonisation
• interpretations of location, location reference methods (LRM) and location reference systems (LRS)
• roles of the LRM families
• significance of routable networks and the implications of dynamic location reference standards from intelligent transportation systems (ITS) on static asset management
• potential for development using open systems and principals-IFC, Semantic Web, OpenLR
• role that a National Hub could play in future management of road asset network infrastructure.
The webinar was presented on 25 July 2018 by Dr Russell Kenley and Dr Richard Yeo.
This webinar outlines ways to optimise the use of marginal and non-standard materials and gain best value from the successful performance of standard materials.
• applying a proposed assessment process to a wider suite of material types for use in sealed roads
• future directions in this research
• an evaluation framework for materials, including improvements through different forms of stabilisation
• case studies that better assess the optimum use of non-standard road-building materials evaluated on a life-cycle cost basis.
The webinar was presented on 17 July 2018 by Mick Savage, Tyrone Toole and Zia Rice.
This webinar provides an overview of a guideline that aims to provide asset management practitioners with an understanding of the factors that contribute to enabling and sustaining continual improvement.
• the factors that contribute to achieving and sustaining continual improvement.
• how to create an environment conducive to continual improvement
• approaches to identify, evaluation and prioritise continual improvement initiatives
• how to implement and monitor initiative to sustain and build on success.
The webinar was presented on 28 June 2018 by Aneurin Hughes and Stephen Walker.
This webinar explains how the Austroads Data Standard is designed, the data definitions it contains, and the multiple ways it can be used; how harmonised data sets are being used to promote benefits at the local and national levels through case studies; and the plans to support data standard adoption through a range of tools and data collaboration ventures. This webinar was presented by Angus Draheim, Richard Yeo, David Darwin, Dawn Inglis and Michael Zhang and Justin Weligamage on 1 June 2017.