This webinar gives an overview of an Austroads pilot project to improve the measurement and reporting of serious injury crashes.
- background and objectives of the study
- the data provision, preparation and analysis
- statistical results such as non-fatal hospitalised roads injury cases
- conclusions from Stage 1 of the project and recommendations.
The webinar was presented on 4 April 2019 by Professor James Harrison and Dr Angela Watson.
This webinar provides an overview of Infrastructure Risk Rating - a simple road assessment methodology designed to assess road safety risk at a network level, primarily as an input to the speed limit setting process.
- case studies demonstrating speed management interventions that were successfully applied in Australia and New Zealand
- good practice guidance for engagement and consultation to effectively implement speed management interventions
- the Infrastructure Risk Rating Tool which allows Infrastructure Risk Rating to be calculated for a road segment by selecting key road and roadside attributes
- recommendations towards the implementation of the findings of the project.
The webinar was presented on 26 March 2019 by Haris Zia and Dale Harris.
This webinar provides an overview of the new Guide to Road Safety Part 6: Managing Road Safety Audits.
- the defined roles, requirements and expectations of the Project Sponsor, Project Manager and Audit Team Leader towards an optimal outcome
- where road safety audits sit within contemporary operating environments and contexts and how we can best embed and integrate the road safety audit process within Safe System thinking
- how findings (risks) and treatment options can be categorised by the extent of their ‘alignment’ to the Safe System
- the next steps - the consolidation of the new Part 6 (management) and Part 6A (implementation)
The webinar was presented on 21 March 2019 by Paul Hillier, Kenn Beer and Joseph Le.
This webinar provides best practice recommendations for the development of Road Safety Infrastructure Programs (RSIPs) that align with the safe system approach.
• a best practice structure for the development and implementation of RSIPs
• guidance to demonstrate how program development and implementation can be improved to make greater fatal and serious casualty savings from road safety infrastructure investment
• case studies of current best and good practice
• recommendations towards the implementation of findings including benchmarking industry progress.
The webinar was presented on 15 May 2018 by Paul Durdin and Dave Smith.
This webinar, provides an overview of the new Austroads compendium of knowledge on Safe System treatments and real world experience in the practical application of solutions that can mitigate crash severity. It outlines information covered in a series of workshops on the translation of the Safe System approach, enabling attendees to consider the application of the theories onto their own road networks.
It covers the:
• new Austroads compendium on Safe System infrastructure relating to planning, designing and managing roads and roadsides
• origins of the Safe System and current implementation
• Safe System solutions that can be used to address key crash types
• tools that have been developed to help align infrastructure projects with Safe System outcomes.
The webinar was presented on 10 May 2018 by Associate Professor Jeremy Woolley and Dr Blair Turner.
This webinar outlines ways to improve safety and achieve Safe System outcomes on mixed use arterial roads. It was presented by Dr Blair Turner and Kenn Beer on 8 February 2018.
This webinar provides an overview of the emerging trends in crash involvement among older road users, aged 75 years and over. It was presented by Dr Matthew Baldock on 24 November 2016.