This webinar provides an overview of ways to more accurately model heavy vehicle movements during interrupted traffic flows in Australia and New Zealand.
- background and results of the Austroads project
- heavy vehicle characteristics relevant to intersection capacity such as length and width, clearance space, acceleration and deceleration
- heavy vehicle parameter development for traffic modelling software - SIDRA, LINSIG, VISSIM and AIMSUN, based on video survey and calibration.
The webinar presented on 9 December 2019 by Dr Young Li and TK Kim.
This webinar provides an overview of the first version of the standardised condition and performance datasets for intelligent transport systems (ITS) assets.
ITS assets are technologies placed in vehicles and infrastructure to improve the safety and efficiency of transport systems.
You will learn about:
- how to define ITS asset criticality
- the gaps in the ITS asset data that currently exist
- case studies on jurisdictional data collection and standardised KPIs for performance reporting
- benefit-cost-analysis for the implementation of the data standard
- how Auckland Motorways adopted the data standard and the insights and benefits gained.
The webinar was presented on 5 December 2019, by Dr Clarissa Han and Dean Parker.
This webinar provides an overview of the concept of Mobility as a Service (MaaS) and the opportunities it presents for transport agencies in Australia and New Zealand (ANZ).
Mobility as a Service refers to the shift from personally-owned transport modes to mobility solutions that are consumed as a service. This project explored industry definitions, service characteristics, global best practice, and ways ANZ transport agencies are harnessing the risks and opportunities associated with MaaS.
- why there is no single definition of MaaS
- international and local transport agency experience in MaaS initiatives
- common features of the mobility and service environments that support MaaS
- potential roles for the public sector in supporting MaaS outcomes.
The webinar was presented by Mary Haverland and Pete Davis.
This webinar provides an overview of the benefits associated with passing lanes for guidance for practitioners.
- safety impacts of passing lanes, particularly statistics on crash rate reductions, speed and headway, and overtaking behaviour
- operational impacts of passing lanes on average speed and per cent time spent following (PTSF)
- road user perception of passing lane impacts and valuation of level-of-service (LOS)
- findings of the Austroads project.
The webinar was presented on 5 March 2019 by Dr Ian Espada and Dr Chris Stokes.
This webinar provides an overview of a Safe System review of the Austroads Guide to Traffic Management (AGTM).
- where there is an opportunity to further embed Safe System into the AGTM series based on recent research
- the new and revised content to address many of the safe system gaps in the AGTM to strengthen the guidance relating to treatments and their likely effectiveness in aligning with Safe System philosophy
- recommendations towards the implementation of the findings.
The webinar was presented on 7 February 2019 by Paul Durdin and Dave Smith.
This webinar outlines a set of principles for the presentation of Austroads' Network Performance Indicators which could underpin increased use and application across road agencies in Australasia for both current and future iterations.
• how performance is measured in other areas and sectors
• eight key principles for presentation of road performance data
• insights from an industry practice review
• implications of the principles for the Network Performance Indicators.
The webinar was presented on 12 July 2018 by Ben Mason, Paul Carter and Callum Hooper.
This webinar summarises the results of a domestic and international review of recently-developed ITS technologies.
• technologies that were evaluated, including a qualitative indication of their costs and benefits
• evaluation methodology that was developed to evaluate the quality of published ITS performance studies.
The webinar was presented on 19 June 2018 by Dr Glenn Geers.
This webinar provides an introduction to the Pedestrian Facility Selection Tool and a demonstration on how to use it with a fully worked example. The tool is designed to help Australian and New Zealand practitioners select the most appropriate type of pedestrian crossing based on walkability, safety and economic outcomes.
• the research and analytical models used to inform the tool
• recent improvements to the functionality
• how to access and use the tool in an applied context.
The webinar was presented on 29 May 2018 by Dave Smith and Dr Stacy Rendall.
This webinar provides an overview of the key changes to the Austroads Guide to Traffic Management Part 13, such as updated information on driver workload and the Safe System, and incorporation of a discussion on human factors. It is particularly useful for practitioners dealing with road safety aspects of traffic management in the road environment. The webinar was presented by David Green on 16 November 2017.
This webinar provides an overview of the key changes to:
• Guide to Traffic Management Part 6: Intersections, Interchanges and Crossings
• Guide to Road Design Part 4: Intersections and Crossings – General
• Guide to Road Design Part 4A: Unsignalised and Signalised Intersections.
The webinar was presented by Peter Aumann and Lisa Steinmetz on 6 November 2017.