This webinar provides an overview of the benefits associated with passing lanes for guidance for practitioners.
- safety impacts of passing lanes, particularly statistics on crash rate reductions, speed and headway, and overtaking behaviour
- operational impacts of passing lanes on average speed and per cent time spent following (PTSF)
- road user perception of passing lane impacts and valuation of level-of-service (LOS)
- findings of the Austroads project.
The webinar was presented on 5 March 2019 by Dr Ian Espada and Dr Chris Stokes.
This webinar provides an overview of a Safe System review of the Austroads Guide to Traffic Management (AGTM).
- where there is an opportunity to further embed Safe System into the AGTM series based on recent research
- the new and revised content to address many of the safe system gaps in the AGTM to strengthen the guidance relating to treatments and their likely effectiveness in aligning with Safe System philosophy
- recommendations towards the implementation of the findings.
The webinar was presented on 7 February 2019 by Paul Durdin and Dave Smith.
This webinar outlines a set of principles for the presentation of Austroads' Network Performance Indicators which could underpin increased use and application across road agencies in Australasia for both current and future iterations.
• how performance is measured in other areas and sectors
• eight key principles for presentation of road performance data
• insights from an industry practice review
• implications of the principles for the Network Performance Indicators.
The webinar was presented on 12 July 2018 by Ben Mason, Paul Carter and Callum Hooper.
This webinar summarises the results of a domestic and international review of recently-developed ITS technologies.
• technologies that were evaluated, including a qualitative indication of their costs and benefits
• evaluation methodology that was developed to evaluate the quality of published ITS performance studies.
The webinar was presented on 19 June 2018 by Dr Glenn Geers.
This webinar provides an introduction to the Pedestrian Facility Selection Tool and a demonstration on how to use it with a fully worked example. The tool is designed to help Australian and New Zealand practitioners select the most appropriate type of pedestrian crossing based on walkability, safety and economic outcomes.
• the research and analytical models used to inform the tool
• recent improvements to the functionality
• how to access and use the tool in an applied context.
The webinar was presented on 29 May 2018 by Dave Smith and Dr Stacy Rendall.
This webinar provides an overview of the key changes to the Austroads Guide to Traffic Management Part 13, such as updated information on driver workload and the Safe System, and incorporation of a discussion on human factors. It is particularly useful for practitioners dealing with road safety aspects of traffic management in the road environment. The webinar was presented by David Green on 16 November 2017.
This webinar provides an overview of the key changes to:
• Guide to Traffic Management Part 6: Intersections, Interchanges and Crossings
• Guide to Road Design Part 4: Intersections and Crossings – General
• Guide to Road Design Part 4A: Unsignalised and Signalised Intersections.
The webinar was presented by Peter Aumann and Lisa Steinmetz on 6 November 2017.
This webinar provides an overview of the key changes to the Austroads Guide to Traffic Management Part 5, such as the incorporation of concepts such as Movement and Place, Network Operation Planning, road allocation and the establishment of speed limits. It is particularly useful for practitioners dealing with mid-block road management, including speed management. The webinar was presented by David Green on 12 September 2017.